Summary from Amazon.com
“Effortless Savings is the ultimate guidebook to saving money without sacrifice. Perfect for readers of any income level or household size, it contains hundreds of ways to save money that are easy and manageable. Richard gives step-by-step instructions to help you:
• Shrink your cell phone bill without compromising your call quality, coverage, or data speeds
• Lower your Internet and Pay-TV rates while maintaining your current service
• Reduce your utility bills with simple, energy-efficient solutions
• Minimize your grocery bills without clipping coupons or looking through sales flyers
• Save time and money by getting your prescription drugs delivered to your front door
• Slash the cost of automotive maintenance and repairs without getting your hands dirty
• See movies at nationwide cinemas, any time of day, for matinee prices
• Acquire discounted tickets to concerts, sporting events, and live theater
• Find the absolute lowest rates for airline tickets, hotel reservations, and car rentals
• Open a FDIC-insured checking account that pays up to twenty times more interest than standard accounts”
It’s no secret that many people struggle financially day-in-and-day-out, I am one of those thousands who live paycheck-to-paycheck. And as one of those thousands I am constantly seeking out ways to either save money or bring more income into my household. So when I was approached to read Effortless Savings I jumped right in and thought to myself hopefully this book will have some answers I am looking for be it just a simple item I have overlooked in the past, or even a secret that I did not know previously, I was excited and itching to discover these secrets! No this book will not tell you how to make your fortune to the tune of Donald Trump, if you want to do that I suggest you read one of the many many books he’s written on the topic, the author will not lead you down a path towards a pyramid scheme investing-profiture type organization, he simply leads the reader through a step-by-step guide of how to cut costs within their own budget and monthly expenditures.
Some of the advice he gives I was previously aware of, and any reader would be aware of if they read the financial portions of any news website, and frankly anyone who struggles financially truly should read those slideshows and articles as they offer good insight into the financial markets. Some of it though I disagreed with, for example, he suggests purchasing the annual Entertainment book for your area, as someone living paycheck-to-paycheck that $25.00 – $30.00 annually for coupons to restaurants, vendors, etc. in my area is not something I am going to invest my funds into, instead those funds will pay a bill. I personally found the writing style to be dumbed down and not engaging, he writes as if he’s speaking to someone who has at best a high school education, where the bulk of the population who would purchase this book more than likely has a college diploma.
I am giving this book 1 out of 5 Stars as it does not accomplish that which is hinted at. Anyone with any amount of internet savvy could figure out all of this information for free.**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review**
Obtain Your Copy of Effortless Savings
About the Author
Richard Syrop grew up in a family that viewed saving money as a passion, hobby, and lifestyle. Over the years, he has seen and personally tested just about every saving method imaginable. Dissatisfied with conventional ways to reduce expenditures, Richard developed a unique approach to savings which does not require consumers to give up their favorite products, entertainment or travel. He has taught these saving methods in seminars throughout the country. Richard lives in Seattle, Washington, with his wife, Urja.
Connect with the Author