WOWZERS it’s my turn on this spin cycle on the Heather’s Hotshots Group!! YAY!!!
I feel so Special!!!!
HOTSHOT of the Week
1) Name: Lara Girdler
2) What are your 3 favorite books of ALL TIME? Explain.
- Island of the Blue Dolphins, Scott O’Dell – this book just pulled me in and developed my imaginary reading life from the moment I began reading it as a child
- Little House on the Prairie Series, Laura Ingalls Wilder – there is just something about living the wild life – exploring the great plains and learning a lot about yourself and life through living just drew me in and gives me a desire to share that with my daughter!
- La Petite Prince aka The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery – this was the first book I read in French in school and it was the best thing in the world to take this seeming child’s book and translate it from French to English and learn not only the language of French further but to also develop a bigger imagination in another language, how exciting!!!!
3) Give 5 random facts about yourself, explanations optional.
- My love for reading was born when a teacher, my 8th grade English teacher handed me The Hobbit– due to my lack of interest it took me somewhere around a month to read that book – she later told me that it was not likely I’d read another book or be able to read more than one in a month’s time – well little known to her later that summer my Mom would hand me my first Danielle Steele novel and during that summer I read 8 more books and continued to read to this day. While I have shelved Danielle Steele for now, that passion and interest born that summer has continued on for the last 21 years and will continue going forward.
- I have little to no patience whatsoever – this is something I am working on – BUT it’s been a very slow process…very very slow…
- I am a hobby photographer – love playing with my camera and learning new ways to capture the world around me with a lens.
- I have one tattoo with plans for five or six more if I could ever find the money…one look at me and most people wouldn’t guess that
- At heart I am rocker-bitch, prefer rock music over the pop stuff you hear these days. YET I will turn on Classical Music from time-to-time to tame my mind and wilder music side 😉
4) Current Book Boyfriend? Do give details! 😉
None – I tend not to get too attached to any one character specifically…I am more of a get attached to a book itself vs. the individual characters – personally I feel that the characters as a group make a story vs. one individual. That and my Hubby is pretty close to being a perfect specimen of a hubby – no he’s not an Adonis physically, but he’s tall & Lean and I love that – he loves me and the kids with everything in him and he’d do just about anything I ask without question! He spoils me rotten and makes me feel like a princess! So I don’t need an imaginary BF when I have the real deal at home!
5) This or that (explanations optional!)?
- Elemental or Zombie? Elemental
- Harry Potter or Hunger Games? Harry Potter
- Dog or Cat? Both
- Milk or Water? Water
- Summer/Winter/Fall/Spring? Spring
- Middle Earth or Hogwarts? Hogwarts
- Dean Winchester or Sam Winchester (#Supernatural)? Um neither – never seen Supernatural
- Tattoos or Piercings? – Tattoos
- Angel or Demon? – Some combo of both
- Diamonds or Gems? Both
6) Name a few of your hobbies (besides reading)
Crochet – I love to crochet everything I can think up – Afghans are my specialty though (below is a baby blanket & hat I made for a friend from college)
Roller Skating – it’s great exercise and a lot of fun!
My daughter @ I taking a break at the skating rink over the summer!
Exercise – Yes I am a gym rat!
Girl Scouts – I am heavily involved in my daughter’s troop and have become a co-leader this year taking over our Brownies!
7) Now post this and a 2-3 (or more) fun/funny/favorite pictures of yourself!
Oh Goodness – Pics of me are RARE so please bare with me
Well let’s start with my baby’s – on the left is Ashley on her 1st Day of 4th Grade and on the right is Austin on his 1st Day of 6th Grade
This was taken over the summer – this is me with my Parents’ doggy Tama, she and I are good buddies!
This is me with my Kitty Pickles
Ashley & I September 2012 – to give a marker of where I started on my weight loss journey!
There weren’t a lot of pics of me pre-weight loss I tended to avoid the camera all together
And then the weight started coming off and I was willing to get in front of the camera! The above is from our prep for a Girl Scouting Event!
This has been fun!!!! Thanks Shana for choosing me this Week!